Your new topic does not fit any of the above??? Check first. Then post here. Thanks.

Moderator: igrr

By Arieel
#80979 Hello, I have problem with the Sleep mode.

I have ESP8266 12-E with external power supply, and i use arduino ide to flash the ESP
The connectios are
ch_pd-->high
gpio15-->low
gpio0-->high (low when I flash the program)
gpio2-->high
gpio16-->reset (for deep sleep mode)
gpio4-->led
100uF between vcc and gnd

The program runs like: start up, connect wifi 35 seconds (and i can turn on/of a led), deep sleep 1 minute and start up again.
Sometimes the program runs correctly 20 minutes, sometime 3/8 times more or less.

when the program works correctly in the serial port (at 115200 baud) i see first garbage then connecting to... and the WiFi request, then enters in deep sleep mode for 1 minut and repeat this sequence when wake up: garbage, connecting to... etc. But sometimes randomly, in the moment that the Esp have to wake up i only see garbage, and doesn't start the wifi connection, its like never wake up, or wake up but doesntrun the program.
To run the program again, i have to put the reset pin to gnd.

For the deep sleep mode i use in the loop
Code: Select allif (millis() >= 35000)
{
       ESP.deepSleep(DeepSleep_time, WAKE_RFCAL);
}

i also tryed to put a diode or resistor between gpio16 and reset, but is the same

and then tried the blink example adding the sleep mode with wifi disabled (WAKE_RF_DISABLED), but is the same

How can i fix this issue?
Thanks
By Bonzo
i only see garbage

This is some data output from the ESP when it wakes. I can not remember what speed now, but obviously not the speed you are using for your serial connection.

It could be a problem with your sketch; have you tried a very basic sketch to see what happens? I use this for my sleep command on a Nodemcu without problem: ESP.deepSleep(6e+8);

Just a reminder as I had a lot of confusion when I first started; deep sleep is micro seconds and not milliseconds.
By Arieel
#81029 You are saying that the garbage in the serial monitor indicate that the ESP wakes up? if so, why doesn't run the program as the previous times?

And as you say, if i change the baudrate to 74880 the serial monitor shows
Code: Select all ets Jan  8 2013,rst cause:2, boot mode:(3,6)

load 0x4010f000, len 1384, room 16
tail 8
chksum 0x2d
csum 0x2d
vbb28d4a3
~ld

Last edited by Arieel on Sun Mar 10, 2019 11:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.