Your new topic does not fit any of the above??? Check first. Then post here. Thanks.

Moderator: igrr

By tomte76
#85111 I observed some DHT22 sensors which didn't work stable with 3.3v power supply. Also the 3.3v output of some of my nodemcu is already below 3.3v, around 3.2 to 3.15v. Maybe your sensor did not get enough power to initialize, especially if the ESP module also boots and uses a lot of power when calibrating the radio.You can try to place a capacitor near the sensor. Or you can try to power the DHT22 with 5V and see if your problem disappears. Please keep in mind that for continuous operation 5v to the ESP pin is not an option. Or try to power the DHT22 by an ESP pin an switch it on not until bootup and RF calibration from the ESP is done.
By kwill
#86889 Hi @RogerGodefroy, have you perhaps found a solution for the problem with the D4 port, in the meantime?

Since I am facing the same issue right know, but with a Wemos D1 Mini in combination with a DHT22 Shield :? .
To use another port would mean that D4 and D3 would have to be soldered together and I would like to avoid this.