Your new topic does not fit any of the above??? Check first. Then post here. Thanks.

Moderator: igrr

By RayLivingston
#86821 I'm having problems with DHCP on a NODEMCU in softAP mode. My Windows laptop seems to connect ok, by my Android phone, and Amazon Fire tablet are hit-or-miss. Both will pretty much hang on most attempts to connect to the ESP network. The phone hangs with the message "Obtaining IP address". Both will connect almost immediately if configured for a static IP address, so it seems to be hanging in the DHCP.

It seems to sometimes, rarely, throw an Exception 29. So far, I have only captured one of these, and the decoded stack trace is attached. I can't make too much sense out of it, so hoping someone here may see something out of place.

The really odd thing is, it worked well for a long time - months. In fact, in the past, the phone and tablet would connect almost instantly, and the PC would take a long time! I have no clue what has changed - I am using the same libraries, etc. as I have for a long time. The rest of the application seems to work perfectly, and the WiFi problems are still present even when pretty much all of the rest of the application is disabled.

I have been beating on this for days, and made no real progress, so I am stumped. Any ideas how to get to the cause of the lousy DHCP performance?

Regards,
Ray L.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.