Your new topic does not fit any of the above??? Check first. Then post here. Thanks.

Moderator: igrr

By Poulton
#87051 Hello, I've experienced a problem with NodeMCU board. I have several esp8266 modules and a NodeMCU which I found more convenient for fast prototyping. I made a simple sketch which creates soft AP, webserver and handles a simple html page with couple of forms. After data is submitted into forms server esp8266 forwards acquired data through rs232 to regular arduino uno.
Its pointless to post code because I've tried many variations and ended up with same results.

Whenever I flash esp8266 module everything works flawlessly. When I upload same sketch into NodeMCU AP goes very glitchy, e.g. it drops connection, wont allow me to connect and whenever I manage to finally connect it sends cropped data to browser. I choose correct board type,. however I tried different boards and settings but nothing helps. I tried to power up it from separate lab PSU = same problems.
Probably there's something needs to be done which Im missing? Or its simply a faulty chip?
Thanks in advance!
By StandingWave
#87090 Hmmm... I don’t think you are missing anything. There is no reason why a sketch that works on the ESP8266 module should’t work with the NodeMCU board. I use just the Generic ESP8266 Module option with mine and have no problems.