Your new topic does not fit any of the above??? Check first. Then post here. Thanks.

Moderator: igrr

By DIRR70
#87712 Hi Alexander,

It really seems that your NodeMCU is fried. There's no difference for the code between a 'single" ESP8266 and the NodeMCU. In case the code really works on one board, it should work on the other, too. To be entirely sure, you may want to use the code sample for AP with WEB server shipped with arduino (or platformIO, whatever you use). The power supply on the NodeMCU is perfectly fine to serve the board for AP purposes. You can't do very much to change the behaviour, maybe except trying different variants of the lwIP. But if the other board works with your code and board settings, I would definitely test a new NodeMCU...
By Inq720
AlexanderMason wrote:Hello, I've experienced a problem with NodeMCU board. I have several esp8266 modules and a NodeMCU which I found more convenient for fast prototyping. I made a simple sketch which creates soft AP, webserver and handles a simple html page with couple of forms. After data is submitted into forms server esp8266 forwards acquired data through rs232 to regular arduino uno.
Its pointless to post code because I've tried many variations and ended up with same results.

Whenever I flash esp8266 module everything works flawlessly. When I upload same sketch into NodeMCU AP goes very glitchy, e.g. it drops connection, wont allow me to connect and whenever I manage to finally connect it sends cropped data to browser. I choose correct board type,. however I tried different boards and settings but nothing helps. I tried to power up it from separate lab PSU = same problems.
Probably there's something needs to be done which Im missing? Or its simply a faulty chip?
Thanks in advance!

esp8266-12, 7... really any of them are identical to the one on the NodeMCU. And since connecting up and passing data is not a problem on a regular one... it sounds like you're pretty advanced. It is certainly not trivial what you have done. Only two things come to mind...

1) either it's fried as DIRR70 suggests OR...
2) ... and I hate to mention it because its a rooky mistake and you certainly don't sound like one. You mentioned you have at least some other stuff hooked to it. Are you sure you have them hooked the same. I don't know how many (including myself) that have mixed up GPIO and D numbers. https://randomnerdtutorials.com/esp8266-pinout-reference-gpios/
By Jack7
AlexanderMason wrote:Hello, I've experienced a problem with the NodeMCU board. I have several esp8266 modules and a NodeMCU which I found more convenient for fast prototyping. I made a simple sketch that creates a soft AP, webserver and handles a simple HTML page with a couple of forms. After data is submitted into forms server esp8266 forwards acquired data through rs232 to regular Arduino Uno.
It's pointless to postcode because I've tried many variations and ended up with the same results.

Whenever I flash the esp8266 module everything works flawlessly. When I upload the same sketch into NodeMCU GB Whatsapp Apk AP goes very glitchy, e.g. it drops the connection, won't allow me to connect, and whenever I manage to finally connect it sends cropped data to the browser. I choose the correct board type, however, I tried different boards and settings but nothing helps. I tried to power up it from separate lab PSU = same problems.
Probably there's something that needs to be done that I'm missing? Or it's simply a faulty chip?
Thanks in advance!

In case the code really works on one board, it should work on the other, too. To be entirely sure, you may want to use the code sample for AP with WEB server shipped with Arduino (or platform, whatever you use)
By tayyabch
AlexanderMason wrote:Hello, I've experienced a problem with NodeMCU board. I have several esp8266 modules and a NodeMCU which I found more convenient for fast prototyping. I made a simple sketch which creates soft AP, webserver and handles a simple html page with couple of forms. After data is submitted into forms server esp8266 forwards acquired data through rs232 to regular arduino uno.
Its pointless to post code because I've tried many variations and ended up with same results.
Also! visit on Alaska Tracking to tarck your parcels

Whenever I flash esp8266 module everything works flawlessly. When I upload same sketch into NodeMCU AP goes very glitchy, e.g. it drops connection, wont allow me to connect and whenever I manage to finally connect it sends cropped data to browser. I choose correct board type,. however I tried different boards and settings but nothing helps. I tried to power up it from separate lab PSU = same problems.
Probably there's something needs to be done which Im missing? Or its simply a faulty chip?
Thanks in advance!