Your new topic does not fit any of the above??? Check first. Then post here. Thanks.

Moderator: igrr

By homeuser
#89989 Used k2r79's fix with the Eclipse IDE by extracting the 2 packages and renaming them in folder
~/eclipse/cpp-2020-122/Eclipse.app/Contents/Eclipse/arduinoPlugin/packages/esp8266/hardware/esp8266/2.7.4/tools

THANKS!
VicW
By brauuun
#90094 Hi,
I had the same problem and saw this article.
So I followed his steps and experimented a little bit till I found the way it works.

1. COPY THE FILES IN THE "esptool-3.0" ORDNERS
2. OPEN THE ORIGINAL "esptool" ORDNER; DONT CHANGE ANY NAMES!
3. DELETE THE FILES IN THIS ORDNER
4. INSERT THE COPIED FILES FROM THE "esptool-3.0" IN THE ORIGINAL "esptool" ORDNER

5. COPY THE FILES IN THE "pyserial-3.4" ORDNER
6. OPEN THE ORIGINAL "pyserial" ORDNER; DONT CHANGE ANY NAMES!
7. DELETE THE FILES IN THIS ORDNER
8. INSERT THE COPIED FILES FROM THE "esptool-3.0" IN THE ORIGINAL "esptool" ORDNER

DONT CHANGE ANY NAMES!
Lets go!

Now restart Arduino and it should work.

In my case it works :D
Good Luck! And a lot of fun programming!
By Vas-Dav
Bastler wrote:
k2r79 wrote:Hi,

I got the same problem of my MacOS Big Sur since the update and I did the following :

1. Download https://github.com/espressif/esptool/archive/v3.0.zip
2. Download https://github.com/pyserial/pyserial/archive/v3.4.zip
3. Extract the contents to esptool/ and pyserial/ in the ~/Library/Arduino15/packages/esp8266/hardware/esp8266/2.7.4/tools/ folder (an equivalent must exist on Windows)

Everything works now :)

Hello, thanks for your post! I did it like you describes it. I found two older folders (pyserial and esptool). Both I renamed to old-... than I take the old names to both new folders. Do I have to delete the old folders with the names old-..., because it still does not work on my Mac with Big Sur. It is the same report when I try to send the sketch to my ESP8266.

Hello!
So, had the same issue for a while... Solved it easily. Just delete both old folders and rename new ones just like the old ones. Restart IDE and you're good to go!