Your new topic does not fit any of the above??? Check first. Then post here. Thanks.

Moderator: igrr

By dbarn
#88996 Thanks for your response.

The baud rate on the console is set to 115200 as is the baud rate for Serial.begin(). In the process of loading the application (Read Serial) the downloader sets the baud rate to 430400. I don't know where the 921600 would come from.

I tried changing the default Windows port setting from 9600 to 115200, but noticed no change - still fails with same error messages. I also verified that the latest ch340 driver is installed (3.5.2019.1).
The current circuit is nothing but a Wemos D1 Mini connected to the USB port.

I tried uninstalling the latest windows update and i get an error "This action is only valid for products that are currently installed"!

I'll keep working on it.
Dan
By schufti
#89004 it has nothing to do with the default windows port settings, settings in serial console or your sketch.
The upload baudrate is set in the arduino ide: menu->tools->upload speed
set it to 115200 and test again, then if ok set some higher baudrate and test again ...
By dbarn
#89008 Thanks.
I don't know how many times I've seen that baud rate without recognizing it, but I did as you suggested and download worked. I then set it back to 921600 and it still works. A mystery.

Again, thanks; I put in a lot if time on this and was just about to reload Win 10 and all my software. You saved me a bunch of work.

For me at least the problem is solved.

Dan