Your new topic does not fit any of the above??? Check first. Then post here. Thanks.

Moderator: igrr

By Beau Schwabe
#89691 Hello,

As a proof of concept, I have put together a bi-directional Server for the ESP8266 with the Arduino IDE. That all works the way I want (See Video)

The problem/feature/bug ??? that I noticed is that with a completely separate "New" sketch that Is ONLY being used to send AT commands serially to a SIM7000A, the terminal window displays connectivity validation that I had running in the other sketch program above.

How can I be assured that any reminisce of the previous program will be completely wiped out when I upload new code?

Thanks
By Beau Schwabe
#89694 Followup:

Ok so I did a little more digging, and early on I had loaded the ESP8266Basic and run some experimental code. While there were some aspects in BASIC that were nice, I fell back to using the Arduino IDE for the ESP8266.

I re-Flashed the ESP8266 with the NodeMCU flasher located here ...
https://github.com/nodemcu/nodemcu-flasher

And that did NOT seem to work ... I was still getting mysterious serial data in the Arduino terminal showing that it was trying to connect to my network.

Here is the sketch code just to enable serial: (keep in mind THIS was enough to display a repetitive message "trying to connect to AnimalHouse" every second, which was valid in some test code further back. But STILL with the below code I was seeing the message.

Code: Select allvoid setup(){

// Serial port for debugging purposes
  Serial.begin(115200);
}

void loop(){

}

So, I reloaded/flashed the ESP8266Basic with a "blank" program.

After that, and running the code above once again, I have lost the repetitive "trying to connect to AnimalHouse" but I get a one time display of....

"SDK:2.2.2-dev(38a443e)/Core:2.7.3-3-g2843a5ac=20703003/lwIP:STABLE-2_1_2_RELEASE/glue:1.2-30-g92add50/BearSSL:5c771be"

I would love to get rid of that, only because it really shouldn't be there, but as long as it only prints once and is not on an endless loop, for now I can live with that.

If anyone has any suggestions I would love to hear them.

Thanks !!
By rupertmurdock
Beau Schwabe wrote:Hello,

As a proof of concept, I have put together a bi-directional Server for the ESP8266 with the Arduino IDE. That all works the way I want (See Video)

The problem/feature/bug ??? that I noticed is that with a completely separate "New" sketch that Is ONLY being used to send AT commands serially to a SIM7000A, the terminal window displays connectivity validation that I had running in the other sketch program above.

How can I be assured that any reminisce of the previous program will be completely wiped out when I upload new code?

Thanks

With the announcement of the iPhone 12 and iPhone 12 Pro range in October, Apple confirmed these new smartphones would gain access to Full High Definition (1080p) video calls when using Wi-Fi as well as 5G mobile data connections.https://ifacetime.me/However, there was no mention of those using older iPhone models, like the iPhone 11, iPhone 11 Pro, iPhone X and older. Admittedly, none of these handsets support 5G, so presumably won’t be able to handle that much data for video calls when out-and-about, but all of these smartphones support some of the latest Wi-Fi standards and sport front-facing cameras which are more than capable of capturing 1080p video.
By Beau Schwabe
#89700 Further Update:

Note: I'm certain this issues does not have anything to do with the ESP8266Basic I was using earlier.

Both codes below are using the Arduino IDE for the ESP8266

I have been able to recreate a distilled version that I can demonstrate.

If you load the first code and run it, under "normal" circumstances it will generate a simple HTML web Server page. However in the instructions and purposes of the issue that I noticed, it works best if you create values for the SSID and PASSWORD that are unobtainable to your local network.

The second code just opens up a serial terminal ... That's IT !!... and you can still see Serial data indicating that the ESP8266 is still trying to connect.

Code #1 - Run THIS first
Code: Select all/*
          Run this code first:

Loads simple HTTP Server

Open a debug terminal to see the attempts to connect to the local network

Note: For the Demonstration of persistent code running,
                leave the ssid and password at values that point to a non existant local network

*/
// Import required libraries
#include <ESPAsyncWebServer.h>

// Replace with network credentials
const char*   ssid =          "AnimalHouse";
const char*   password =      "BlueCow";

// Create AsyncWebServer object on port 80
AsyncWebServer server(80);

// Simple HTML Page
//#######################################################################################
const char index_html[] PROGMEM = R"RawHTML(
<!DOCTYPE HTML>
<html>
  <body>
    ESP8266 Web Test
  </body>
</html>
)RawHTML";
//#######################################################################################

void loop(){

}

String processor(const String& var){
}

void setup(){

Serial.begin(115200);

// Connect to Wi-Fi
  WiFi.begin(ssid, password);
  Serial.println("Connecting to WiFi");
  while (WiFi.status() != WL_CONNECTED) {
    delay(1000);
  }

// Print ESP8266 Local IP Address
  Serial.println(WiFi.localIP());

// Route for root / web page
  server.on("/", HTTP_GET, [](AsyncWebServerRequest *request){
    request->send_P(200, "text/html", index_html, processor);
  });

// Start server
  server.begin();

Code #2 - Run THIS second
Code: Select all/*
          Run this code second:

Open a debug terminal and notics that attempts are still being made
          to connect to the local network.

*/
void loop(){

}

void setup(){

Serial.begin(115200);
}

The OUTPUT on my end for BOTH programs in the serial window is this ....
Code: Select allstate: 5 -> 2 (2c0)
rm 0
reconnect
state: 2 -> 0 (0)
scandone
state: 0 -> 2 (b0)
state: 2 -> 3 (0)
state: 3 -> 5 (10)
add 0
aid 2
cnt