Your new topic does not fit any of the above??? Check first. Then post here. Thanks.

Moderator: igrr

By JavaDev93
#90588 Hi, I would like to transmit a message from the ESP8266 to a computer. One option might be to create an access point on the ESP8266. Then the computer might connect to the ESP8266 and transmit data via a socket. The problem is that the computer should connect to a website when it receives a message from the ESP8266. Therefore it would not work if it is connected to the access point which has no internet access.

I thought that it could be possible to send the message from the ESP8266 via usb. Is this possible and how could I get it work? On the computer I am using a Java application. I am new to ESP8266 dev board.

If you have any questions, feel free to ask.
By QuickFix
#90627 Wouldn't it be easier to setup your ESP in station mode with server firmware, let it connect to your router (the same you're using to let your computer connect to the internet) so your computer can access it like any other server?

See the "Hello server"-example in Arduino, under "File" -> "Examples" -> "ESP8266WebServer", as a staring point. :idea: