Your new topic does not fit any of the above??? Check first. Then post here. Thanks.

Moderator: igrr

By Tim D
#91476 There are serial back pack lcd's available from Scott Edwards website. I am unable to write to the display or rather get a working message. Found a Scott edwards add on for arduino on git hub but obviously doesn't compile for nodemcu. As far as I can tell the library provides serial timing for the chip. There must be timing errors without it. Does anyone have an add on for the display or working code? A simple Hello World would be great
Thanks
By Tim D
#91500 Tried software serial and the rest but apparently the timing doesn't work out correctly so the display is jumbled. The add on that won't compile states it does a few tricks to setup the timing correctly.
By talleychan
#91632 Scott Edwards has serial backpack LCDs for sale on his website. I can't seem to obtain a functional message or write to the display. On Github, I discovered a Scott Edwards add-on for Arduino, however, it clearly does not compile for nodemcu. As far as I can determine, the library manages the chip's serial time. Help me!
2 player games