Your new topic does not fit any of the above??? Check first. Then post here. Thanks.

Moderator: igrr

By ficeto
#17650 I don't think that my communication skills are good enough to start such a thread :) plus there is lots of collaboration going on, so lots of my work goes through testing and enhancements from other people. But I do believe that a proper wiki and changelog should be implemented and again, I'm not the person that has the skills to do it :)
I spent some time a few months back to explore the ESP's registers and came up with "espino" which is a C Arduino-like library. I'm not good into dealing with toolchains and compilers, so I had lots of issues porting to C++. Now that there are people that know that stuff, we can put our work and thoughts together and achieve better results.
By danbicks
#17689 This sounds brilliant. Is there any chance the web interface can be designed with Bootstrap for nice web page look and feel. Do you know how long it will be until it is released.

Does it also incorporate SSID setting etc for main router access.

Good work guys.

Dans
By andres
Dave S wrote:You should be able to serve up a page using lua NodeMCU something like (listening on port 8266):
Code: Select allsrv=net.createServer(net.TCP)
srv:listen(8266,function(conn)
  conn:on("receive", function(client,request)
  file.open("mypage.htm","r")
  while true do       
    str = file.readline()
   if str == nil then break end
   client:send(buf);
  end
  file.close()
  end)
end)

Create your html file (mypage.htm) and load it to the ESP8266 the same way init.lua is loaded.

I am not a big fan of NodeMCU since it does not leave much memory for your code and it leaks memory like a sieve.

Hope this gives you an idea how to do it. Good luck with your project.

If I can help... ;) I just tried to use Nodemcu for a small webserver but there are still a lot of problems... First, as You say, memory... 25Kbyte is far to small to save html pages. 2nd the 1470 byte buffer... 3d docs docs docs... :( I leave all that Nodemcu stuff and come here... ;)