Your new topic does not fit any of the above??? Check first. Then post here. Thanks.

Moderator: igrr

By santiagopoli
#17803 Hi!

Yesterday I was experimenting with the ESP8266 and the Arduino IDE. I've made a program which connects to my Wifi and lets you turn a pin on and off. The problem is that I'm being unable to program my module again. I think the issue happened when I deleted the Serial.begin line in my code. The serial doesn't begin, so I'm unable to program it via FTDA.

Is there a way to reset the ESP to its factory settings or i'm doomed?

Thanks!
By tytower
#18039 Hmm see wiki-top line for wiring. I think you are not doing it right.
Taking GPIO 0 low and then toggling the power is supposed to give one flash from the LED and then you send the code up. Does this not work?

There is a very recent release of Arduino IDE 1.6.4 . Get it as the setup for ESP8266 is adjusted there.
By j0hncc
santiagopoli wrote:Hi!

Yesterday I was experimenting with the ESP8266 and the Arduino IDE. I've made a program which connects to my Wifi and lets you turn a pin on and off. The problem is that I'm being unable to program my module again. I think the issue happened when I deleted the Serial.begin line in my code. The serial doesn't begin, so I'm unable to program it via FTDA.

Is there a way to reset the ESP to its factory settings or i'm doomed?

Thanks!

No, the flashing does not require nor use Serial.begin. As tytower said it is some other problem-- check wiring especially GPIO0 and GPIO2, etc. It is probably not "bricked" :)

Cheers,
John