Your new topic does not fit any of the above??? Check first. Then post here. Thanks.

Moderator: igrr

By anakod
#18122 https://github.com/esp8266/Arduino/comm ... 4414b8c88f

I think what it's really bad practice to stealing code.

I'm sure what we are working on open source solutions and no any problems in work together or use already completed modules if someone want.
But just "copy code and remove copyrights" is really unacceptable and disrespectful to other people's work.
By sej7278
#18183 this is why i'm done with this platform - i've seen them take code from github pull requests and not state that its from the PR.

espresiff have no respect for foss licenses - i mean look at how they tried to bundle esptool.py and when people complained about GPL compliance, they just removed esptool.py and switched to MIT licensing or some crap.

you could never make a commercial offering based on these devices, there's just too many closed blobs and licensing issues.

someone needs to make a firmware that just uses the xtensa toolchain and none of the espressif sdk.

i'm going back to the spark core (well, particle photon now) platform that has a proper open source development model.