Your new topic does not fit any of the above??? Check first. Then post here. Thanks.

Moderator: igrr

By ficeto
#18199 you are out of your mind! there are literally 4 functions left from your code! 4 that's it! You can not pretend to own the rest at all... I explained it to you quite clearly on github.
Here is a link for the rest to see :
Code: Select allhttps://github.com/esp8266/Arduino/pull/234#issuecomment-104443730

When you talk sh*t at least prove something! Make a diff and show what's yours!
And since you took it out loud... let me be frank! I have no clue how you got this working? There were so many things wrong... that I rewrote it all, but 4 functions. Be a man, open the hub and follow the commits and you will see... you have 4 functions worth of something. And you had 10 worth of watchdog resets, waste of space, and whatnot. Read a bit how partition location and size should be handled. If your code was worth anything, it would have stayed. I wasted 2 days on it, then scrapped it. And no you can not blame ownership of a "return SPIFFS_method(&_filesystemWhateverHandle);", spiffs has it's owner already. Have nothing more to say to you.
By danbicks
#18203 Bottom line is you copied over Anakod's code. Even if it required a re work you should be respectful to him for his hard work and efforts and innovative approach instead of disrespect him in front of the whole community.

I think personally Richard should put a muzzle on you. Where is your complete Sming type example that works in Eclipse? Exactly!

Point made....
By ficeto
#18205 I do not see the point. I did not disrespect him, but rather promptly put the header where it belongs. Users requested SPIFFS... never heard of it before... everybody said forwarded to his repo, so I gave it a go... if any of you take care and diff the code in question, you will see that I am not just talking out of my ***. As a matter of fact the contents of the file that had the header left over were something that all went to trash, some copied to the new files that were without header, then just renamed that one and wrote the cpp class. This is not a rework! It borrowing knowledge and 4 functions. On other side the api has been vastly expanded. It's sad we are even in this situation. If someone disrespected somebody that is him disrespecting my work. He came barking instead of asking WTF and getting my attention that there are no headers on his 2 files (actually two files I created that hold what's left of his functions). Now he came swinging, brought buddies and whatnot... come on... put a muzzle on me?
By danbicks
#18207 Point made on other topic.... Keep working towards the goal in a constructive way.

I am sure all of us value the development by yourself, Anakod and all other participants. Lets keep this a civil development forum, we will all benefit from this long term.

Dans