Your new topic does not fit any of the above??? Check first. Then post here. Thanks.

Moderator: igrr

By trisk
#18345 I just bought a bunch of $3 ESP-01 boards and this is my first time working with them. I'm using board module version esp8266-1.6.4-673-g8cd3697.

Sketches using ESP8266WebServer start with the expected messages on the serial console. I am able to connect to the device on port 80 initially, but it does not respond to any requests. After the first connection, any attempts to connect to port 80 time out even after I close the first connection. The device remains on the network and still responds to pings, so it's not completely dead.

This happens with all of the example sketches, including HelloServer and WifiWebServer. Any idea if I'm doing something wrong?
By Stoney
#18415 the power supply is usually the first port of call for failures with these. not only a regulator but also a decent filter capacitor the 3.3v line.
I had issues with projects that worked fine on a breadboard but failed after a while on a smaller filter capacitor.
By trisk
#18452 Hm, I've tried both a dedicated breadboard power supply (which I think has a 100uF cap) and the 3.3V line from my USB TTL serial interface. The issue is consistently reproducible and only seems to affect TCP. I loaded nodemcu onto the chips and wrote a simple web server and that seems to be working fine even while driving GPIO pins.