Your new topic does not fit any of the above??? Check first. Then post here. Thanks.

Moderator: igrr

By sigrokBlack
martinayotte wrote:..... my MapleMini don't like them during volume.init().

So the MapleMini also doesn't recognize them?

Here are the bins with CS on Pin 16:
ESP_SD_CS_IO16.zip

Can you take a photo of your setup and post it here (or imgur for example).
Cause, when you try my working code, the problem has to be on the hardware side.

Regards
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
By martinayotte
#21263 Hi Joshua,

So the MapleMini also doesn't recognize them?

On MapleMini, the FAT16 is working fine, even read/write files. The FAT32 succeed the card.init(), but volume.init() doesn't recognize it as FAT32. So, it is not the same issue.
On ESP, both are failing during card.init(), when ACMD41 is sent.

I've tried your new binaries for pin 16. Still the same. I've even change my ESP from ESP07 to ESP12E since my board has them on header pins.

I took a picture, but it a bit useless since there are the boards, a breadboard to make a junction with the logic-capture board, wires, etc. the picture won't give you much clues. (btw, on the picture, I've circled in green something on breadboard that isn't connected, except GND, it is not related to the setup, only the orange circle are things related. It is just because I had to use that breadboard to split SPI signals to grab them with the logic-capture)

IMG_3320.JPG

I will probably have to do a new setup much cleaner.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
By sigrokBlack
#21270 Ouuh, now there is a spark of hope.

Your SD Mount has an integrated 5v level shifter for Arduino, etc..... (all Mcu which are running on 5v) .
Connecting this board to your ESP is bad, because the ESP is already working with 3.3 v

So try to solder the cable directly to the sd slot or buy another modules as described earlier on this topic

That should solve it.

Regards
By martinayotte
#21274 Hi Joshua,
Maybe it was difficult to see in previous picture, but this adaptor don't have level shifter, it only has on-board regulator and series resistors (probably to reduce ringing).

Also, the MapleMini where it is running fine is also a 3.3V.

Here is a new picture zoomed only on the adaptor :
IMG_3325.JPG