Your new topic does not fit any of the above??? Check first. Then post here. Thanks.

Moderator: igrr

By brutzler
#21106 Hi,
Just working on programming the ESP out of the arduino-IDE.
I build up my ESP-01 with an FTDL232 USB-TTL-converter, like shown on Github. (RTS to Reset, and DTR to GPIO0; with 10k pullups)
Now, I can load my program out of the Arduino IDE (1.65r2) without pressing any buttons or so)
Uploading the code is successfull.
BUT after uploading the ESP-01 stays in bootload-mode :-(
I made a record of the signals (RTS/DTR), and saw, that after downloading, they stay LOW. (look at the attached screenshot)

Anybody any idea, what's wrong?

Edit. Funny too, that the DTR-signal is oszillating during programming. Shouldn't it stay low?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
By brutzler
#21199 Not manually. Thought, this will be done automatically by DTR.
If I have to disconnect RTS and DTR after uploading, there is no benefit to the solution with the two switch buttons:
(One button for the Reset-pin and one button for the GPIO0-pin, to take them to GND.)
By miker
#21206 I've tried using just the DTR pin but it didn't work. If you wire it up exactly like the NodeMCU dev boards then you should be good. I have not tried it yet though. On my board I hold down the GPIO_0 button and then apply power, then release the button. Would be nice go button free on the next design.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.