Your new topic does not fit any of the above??? Check first. Then post here. Thanks.

Moderator: igrr

By brutzler
#21209 Hi miker.

thx for the design.
You are talking about this part? (see attached)
This looks like inverting both signals. Maybe, that will help. Will test it this evening on a breadboard.

Edit: No, only inverting, if DTR and RTS are different level. And high-level in all other cases. Sounds logical.
And: RTS is feeding GPIO0; DTR is feeding RESET. Thats vice versa to my actual signal flow.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
By FlyingHacker
#21225 I have been having good luck with those two components wired up exactly like this, with one exception (see below):

I have not looked at DTR on the scope.

You have your FTDL232 setup for 3.3v? Mine has a jumper.

The exception is that I disconnected Vcc on the FTDL232. This way you are never powering the ESP off the USB. I have the ESP attached to a 3.3v bench PSU.

With this setup and the Arduino IDE (have not tried 1.65 yet) the serial monitor does not work correctly because of the DTR and RTS lines being activated by the serial monitor.
By brutzler
#21265 @ miker:
Ahhh.. there are already NodeMCU boards!
You have such a board?

Can I ask some questions?
- Where did you buy it, which type? There are several types available at e.g. ebay.
- Is the WiFi-module soldered on the eval-board, or can it be changed easily?
- is it only for ESP-12 or for ESP-12E too?