Your new topic does not fit any of the above??? Check first. Then post here. Thanks.

Moderator: igrr

By Trillium2
#31683 Thaks for the reply.

Having read your situation I am more convinced that the arduino/ESP IDE programming software is up the duff. I am not prepared to throw more sacrificial boards to the broken ESP programming software. I sent another post of a similar nature viewtopic.php?f=26&t=3932&start=5#p31588 thinking I was stepping out on a limb but all my working boards that have gone duff are attributable to the new ESP programming tool which replaced the very working but supposedly "broken" ESPTool.exe. I can't believe that they have all gone through the essentially identical number of flash cycles ... one board has spent most of its life in development and another has recently been drawn from service to be reprogrammed, yet both have failed in the same manner. I have a pcb with provision for a stepper motor driver board for each of the ESP boards which are identical and use a plugin FTDI232 usb adapter for serial comms/flashing. I have been using these for 4 months with no problem and have even purchased a new FTDI because of the problems so I am convinced it is nothing to do with anything else but the IDE and ESP tools.
By Valdaine
#31715 Hi Trillium2 ,

I had the same type of trouble with ESP FLASH DOWNLOAD TOOL V2.3 (from espressif) AND with the esptool Arduino (.py and .exe). So I don't think it comes from esptoolused inside Arduino. I can't unsderstand this trouble.

Did you tried
- with previous Arduino IDE ?
- with C espressif sdk ide ?
I did'nt.

Thanks for your feedback.
By Trillium2
#31716 @Valdaine.

I did toy with the idea of going back to 1.5.whatever.it.was but I'm often having struggles with installations so I decided to give it a miss. Perhaps I ought to give it a go. As for the espessif SDK ... I assumed (probably wrongly) that it was designed for firmware development. Any particular flavour or download location you'd recommend?

Then ... I'll need someone to hold my hand while I get used to yet another programming environment!

Regards
By Trillium2
#31727 Just tried to get the SDK but I'm led to a Chinese site with the downloads. Trouble is, I'd just be guessing what I'm downloading. Perhaps I'll just wait a while and read the documentation through before I start pressing any download buttons.