Your new topic does not fit any of the above??? Check first. Then post here. Thanks.

Moderator: igrr

By Jeremy
#30041 Hi,

I hope this is in the right place. Please move it if it's not.
Anyways, I ran this arduino IDE code for I2C on two of my adafruit HUZZAH's and now they are both frozen or bricked. The led that shows the bootloader status is at about half brightness as it would be if it were ready to be programmed. The problem is that it's stuck that way. The LED won't go off even if I unplug it and plug it back in. It also won't accept any new programming.

Code: Select all    #include <Wire.h>
    #define I2CAddressESPWifi 6
    int x=32;

void setup()
    {
      Serial.begin(115200);
      Wire.begin(2,0);//Change to Wire.begin() for non ESP.
    }

void loop()
    {
      Wire.beginTransmission(I2CAddressESPWifi);
      Wire.write(x);
      Wire.endTransmission();
      x++;
      delay(1);//Wait for Slave to calculate response.

Wire.requestFrom(I2CAddressESPWifi,10);
      Serial.print("Request Return:[");
      while (Wire.available())
      {
        delay(1);
        char c = Wire.read();
        Serial.print(c);
      }
      Serial.println("]");
      delay(500);
    }

I would appreciate any thoughts or experience anyone might have with regards to this!

Thanks,
Jeremy
By Jeremy
#30057 After thinking about it a little bit, I may have a partial answer to my own question although I don't know why or have a solution. The code I linked above worked fine the other day. The only difference this time was that I had flashed both of them with the .bin files for the esp8266/espruino IDE with esptool and never cleared that flash.

Not sure if that is the cause, but it may give you more to go on as to why I have lost the ability to program them.

J
By Erni
#30458 I have a ESP-01 that I have flashed with the Espruino binaries by @kolban
https://github.com/espruino/EspruinoBui ... er/ESP8266

it didn't cause any trouble, I can still program the ESP-01 using Arduino IDE.

If it is corrupted flash, then maybe uploading a blank bin could help (I have not tried this, so I don't know if something bad will happen)

http://internetofhomethings.com/homethings/?p=396