Your new topic does not fit any of the above??? Check first. Then post here. Thanks.

Moderator: igrr

By Jocobes
#30653 Hello People!

I have just finished my first project with an esp8266. ALl it does, is lighting up an led with the click of a button on my phone.
Now i set the esp up in my girlfirend home network and I decided that I wanted to add a little feature which allows me to change the wifi Credentials in case she movse to a different place. I wanted this feature to be very easy to use since my girlfriend should be able to use it and she really isn't that much into computers.
However, I really have absolutely no clue how to acomplish that. I was wondering if anybody had suggestions for me?

I would hughly appreciate any help!

Thank you in advance!
Jocobes
By kolban
#30655 Let's assume that there are Internet of Things (IoT) devices out there already that use the ESP8266. Lets say I buy one and bring it home and want to connect it to my WiFi AP. What technique do those devices use today? If we can find some example of the technique used, that would probably give us a clue on what we could do to achieve similar.

Having never seen one, I'm going to guess they have a "reset" button on them that would pull a GPIO high and the device detects that the button has been pressed and "does something". But what might that something be?

Another thought would be that those devices have a USB socket attached to them and one connects the USB to your PC and then a PC app drives the configuration.