Your new topic does not fit any of the above??? Check first. Then post here. Thanks.

Moderator: igrr

By erhardd
#30970 trying to write a sketch I see the blue led blinking slowly 5 or 6 times at regular intervals (half second on, half second off) and then fails.
- this are the Attempts from the IDE to start the bootloader. But he didn't answer!
That's why :
- bring the reset-Pin to LOW(ground it) --> bring Pin0 to LOW --> release reset-Pin (just in this momemt the blue Led shortly flash up) --> release the Pin0;
Not ready to program?
I think, you need a new one!
By forlotto
#31058 What a bummer but on the plus side these are affordable devices however I wish they were a bit more durable myself from what I have read about write cycles while there is a fair amount of use that could be had for the price more would not hurt and for the nodemcuv2 the usb port could be a tad more reinforced somehow I have seen a couple of topics on this. I am curious though on what exactly caused your failure did it fail after or during programming? Are you sure your serial cable or device did not fail and you have it set at an acceptable baud rate and are you sure that nothing is conflicting with your port.

Everyone says you need to restart your PC with USB to serial type devices and while this is true some times I find you can often tell if it is going to work rather simply. Open up your device manager find your device. I dunno what it comes up as may be usb to serial or whatever but what you do is remove the device, then go to action and scan for changes and then restart your PC if in windows when your device is detected Linux also has this issue often times it is trying different USB ports that eventually does it for me usually port 1 or 2 on the back of the PC works best or most often. However if it does take a com port try switching the com port of the device and then restarting windows as well. Sometimes with some devices you are able to get them running without the need for a restart at all. But I assure you this is how I get some of the most stubborn things back up and running.

At most it will cost you time to give it a shot. But it will give you something to do while you are waiting... Also check your solder joints sometimes something can look good and read good with the meter but for whatever reason you may have a bad connection funny how it works this way intermittent connections cause fun to diagnose issues at times. And we all fall into the mode in relying that what we see and what we read is true. Heck I have seen some of the smartest folks baffled by a switch turned off on a power strip for instance lol it happens while maybe not baffled for long it is long enough that I can see there frustration so then when I do help them they wind up kicking themselves. It is odd as we learn more we tend to overlook the small stuff.
By erhardd
#31081 I wrote:
- bring the reset-Pin to LOW(ground it) --> bring Pin0 to LOW --> release reset-Pin (just in this momemt the blue Led shortly flash up) --> release the Pin0;
It plays no role whether the adaptor is connected! This must happen:"the blue Led shortly flash up" !

But try more than once and powercycle the esp between ..