Your new topic does not fit any of the above??? Check first. Then post here. Thanks.

Moderator: igrr

By Daemach
#31115 I think it would be really useful for this library to have a way to log directly to an IP address, ideally as simply as using an overridden Serial.print() function. I could really use those 2 pins back...

One should have to specify a recipient server, URL and possibly a port and field name, though all of these should be defaulted (index.htm, 80, data). SSL support would be nice. After instantiating the object, calls to the print or println functions should wrap and post the data automatically. Markdown support would be really handy too, possibly. Is there an existing site to which one can currently post data and view the updates in real time, possibly via a websocket? I would like to emulate the serial monitor to some degree, without reinventing any wheels. Defaulting to the input params for an existing site would be ideal.

I can hack enough examples to deal with the posting side, but I don't know C at all and I don't know where to start with overriding print(). What is the best way to go about something like this? Anyone feel like taking it on? :)