Your new topic does not fit any of the above??? Check first. Then post here. Thanks.

Moderator: igrr

By danbicks
#32589 @derek,

Good effort buddy although I think having to connect to the beacon defeats the object and limits the effectiveness in terms of distance.

I have dug out one of my OLED boards and have nearly a working solution. It looks for a given beacon SSID and displays RSSI alongside very close, distant , far as a visual indication. Works pretty cool so far, the best part is you do not need to connect to it.

I will polish it up and present it here. Currently just using an ESP01 with OLED, no need for beeper as OLED displays essentials.

Regards

Dans
By derek bernsen
danbicks wrote:@derek,

Good effort buddy although I think having to connect to the beacon defeats the object and limits the effectiveness in terms of distance.

I have dug out one of my OLED boards and have nearly a working solution. It looks for a given beacon SSID and displays RSSI alongside very close, distant , far as a visual indication. Works pretty cool so far, the best part is you do not need to connect to it.

I will polish it up and present it here. Currently just using an ESP01 with OLED, no need for beeper as OLED displays essentials.

Regards

Dans

Good to hear! I'd love to learn more about your circuit and code.
By derek bernsen
Barnabybear wrote:Out of intrest - what values did you get with:
Code: Select all//Serial.print(out);
//Serial.print(result);

for Serial.print(result), between 1275 and 540 was printed to the serial monitor. It was usually around 600.
The number range might have been more vast if I tested it outside over longer distances.
But serial monitor did not work at all until delay(result); was commented out.
For serial.print(out), a RSSI range was printed between negative 30 something, and negative 90 something, I don't remember
And the LED I used in place of a buzzer just flickered in a strange, non-varying pattern.
I did realize that I had my digitalWrite HIGHs and LOWs incorrectly reversed in the code, I fixed that and now the LED does not light up at all.
When I unplugged to ESP-01 from my computer, it seemed to forget the program, almost, I dunno.

It would be cool if this project was cheaper for people do, the cheapest OLED display module I could find for sale online costs $4.23 USD on gearbest.com, and I don't know if that is the correct type of module.
That's still fairly cheap, even compared to eBay pricing.

I'm very interested in the OLED display based setup, but if someone gets the earlier code I posted here working without having to connect to the AP/Beacon, that would be awesome too.