Your new topic does not fit any of the above??? Check first. Then post here. Thanks.

Moderator: igrr

By shoelessone
#36579 Just dug through the code, and they sure enough exist! I think what I was seeing was an issue with me trying to send a string in which ins't a valid parameter for send_P. But all good now! Thanks as always :). Edit: and to be clear for others, so far this has seriously seemed to improve the reliability. I'm honestly thrilled. Although a new issue came from this update as I've outlined below.

I am now experiencing what seems to be a bug (though I'm guessing is just a misunderstanding or change in the API): I set an SSID for the ESP in AP mode like so:

Code: Select all#define ACCESS_POINT_NAME  "Mitchine Houghton"
#define ACCESS_POINT_PASSWORD  "mitchinesecret"

then below I start the wifi AP as follows:
Code: Select allif (AdminEnabled)
  {
    WiFi.mode(WIFI_AP_STA);
    WiFi.softAP( ACCESS_POINT_NAME , ACCESS_POINT_PASSWORD);
  }

Which, previously resulted in an AP with the appropriate name/SSID being created. However, with the updated library, it seems to disregard this name and instead just use the generic "ESP_XXXXXXX" type name, unprotected. Is there an updated call for setting the network name/ssid/password/key?

I'm going to step through the code a bit tonight. An initial readthrough shows me that the code I'm using should still work, and I don't see that this feature/method/function is depreciated anywhere:
Code: Select all    /* Set up a WPA2-secured access point
     * param ssid: Pointer to the SSID string.
     * param passphrase: Pointer to passphrase, 8 characters min.
     * param channel: WiFi channel number, 1 - 13.
     * param ssid_hidden: Network cloaking? 0 = broadcast SSID, 1 = hide SSID
     */
    void softAP(const char* ssid, const char* passphrase, int channel = 1, int ssid_hidden = 0);
By martinayotte
#36588 Sorry if I've confuse you by pointing to useless path about send() vs send_P(), but still, it is useful to know that send_P() can be used to transmit huge HTML/CSS,JS or even JPEG that are static in Flash. Using simple String would make the ESP crash if those take too much RAM, such as a JPEG that is 32K long.

For the softAP(), I don't understand : I'm using 2.0.0-RC2 and it is still working fine by providing my own SSID.