Your new topic does not fit any of the above??? Check first. Then post here. Thanks.

Moderator: igrr

By sej7278
#38870 does ESP.deepSleep(0, RF_DISABLED); actually work for anyone, as i cannot get it to wake again if i press the reset button, or tie gpio16 (d0 on nodemcu v1.0) to RST, i have to pull the power.

ESP.deepSleep(0); works if i press reset, don't even need gpio16 for that.
By WereCatf
sej7278 wrote:does ESP.deepSleep(0, RF_DISABLED); actually work for anyone, as i cannot get it to wake again if i press the reset button, or tie gpio16 (d0 on nodemcu v1.0) to RST, i have to pull the power.

ESP.deepSleep(0); works if i press reset, don't even need gpio16 for that.

How, exactly, do you test if it has woken up or not? You're not saying much, but if my hunch is right you're trying to connect to it over WiFi to check if it's awake -- RF_DISABLED has no effect during deep-sleep, it means WiFi will be disabled when the device wakes up, and obviously you won't be able to connect to it over WiFi then even if the device itself is awake again.
By sej7278
#38880 i'm not trying to connect to wifi to see if its awake, its actually connected to a display that doesn't come on

i'm also a little confused why sometimes my led matrix display comes on (all pixels lit) when the mcu is asleep. the mcu is definitely asleep as the powerbank turns off.
Last edited by sej7278 on Fri Jan 15, 2016 7:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By WereCatf
sej7278 wrote:i'm not trying to connect to wifi to see if its awake, its actually connected to a display that doesn't come on

As I explained in the other thread, supplying RF_DISABLED to deepSleep() disables WiFi when the devices wakes up, but in your setup() you have the following lines:
Code: Select all    while (WiFi.status() != WL_CONNECTED)
    {
        delay(200);
    }

With WiFi disabled the device will simply keep running that bit forever as it obviously won't be able to connect without WiFi.