Your new topic does not fit any of the above??? Check first. Then post here. Thanks.

Moderator: igrr

By George Shin
#38324 Guys,

Just briefly about my situation:
I am new on ESP and Arduino. Have received new toys few days ago. Using ESP8266 EP1, programming it over FTDI USB adapter. First sketch I've uploaded was ordinary Wi-Fi configuration. It works perfectly - I can ping device. BUT! Every time I'm restarting it - I'm loosing configuration. To make it work I need to upload sketch again.
I've tried to unplug already working ESP from adapter and powered it by 3.3V - no success. Device is on, but not connected to network.
Could you please tell me - what am I doing wrong? :(
By eduperez
#38353 When the ESP boots, both GPIO0 and GPIO2 must be HIGH for the device to execute your code; you probably have GPIO0 wired to LOW, so your device boots into programming mode, and is expecting a new firmware. Notice that it works the first time you upload a new sketch because after updating the firmware, the device always boots into it.
By xtal
#38364 using Arduino to load FW I pull down IO0, Reset, compile and load FW
After load finishes the code runs [ IO0 is still pulled down]
If you reset you will go back to load FW mode
You must remove IO0 pulldown before resetting......
Some people connect IO0 pulldow and Reset, then remove the pulldown....then compile/load fw
By George Shin
#38397 Guys, thanks for your answers.

xtal, I am using FTDI adapter for programming, not Arduino. So, no Reset button used in this installation (see first image). Should I unplug IO0 port after finishing upload as well?
eduperez, I have not any ports connected to LOW after starting device (see second image).
I've even tried to connect both IO0 and IO2 to HIGH per your advice (see third image) - still no success.
what should I try else?