Your new topic does not fit any of the above??? Check first. Then post here. Thanks.

Moderator: igrr

By Mai Mariarti
#41041 Hi guys,
I was wondering how I can use 2 of these modules to send a single command from one to the other using arduino IDE code.
I have built a hallway bank of LEDs, that turns on, using an IR detector. I would like to light-up another LED bank leading to the basement (30 feet away), that is triggered by the one in the hall way and vs.
In other words, either one of the two, is able to turn on the other.
I have spent one whole day getting the damn thing to work (defective USB cable which burnt the TX p[in on the ESP8266) and another whole day trying to program these to do a p2p connection with no luck.
BTW, I tried a 433 MHz transceiver and 2 pro minis but couldn't get more than 10 feet out of them. This is with 12v on the transmitter and 17.3 cm wire antenna. That was 2 days of wasted time.
Can anyone help me?
Thanks.
~Mai
By martinayotte
#41055 Of course you can use your network AP.
I've maybe though that you wish the ESPs on their own network.
For code snippets, there so many ways to do what you want.
Do you wish it to be Web based with HTTP requests or simple TCP such as Telnet, or even both ?
I suggest that you take a look at WiFiClient and ESP8266WebServer examples as well as WiFiTelnetToSerial.