Your new topic does not fit any of the above??? Check first. Then post here. Thanks.

Moderator: igrr

By thetimshow
#41890 I've generated a html form from phpform.org, something with just a multiple choice box and a text input field which I want to serve form a esp8266.

To serve the generated form I've converted the text components with txt2c (https://sourceforge.net/projects/txt2c/) and converted the binary files (png & gif) with bin2hex.

I then included all these as header files, and added commands like server.on("blank.gif", handleBlankGif);
Where that function looks like

void handleBlankGif()
{
Serial.println("Handle Gif");
server->sendImage( 200, "image/gif", blank_gif, blank_gif_size);
}

Then had to add the follow two functions (and appropriate header) to ESP8266WebServer.cpp as the send would terminate early since the binary data has '\0' in it.

void ESP8266WebServer::sendImage(int code, const char* content_type, const char *image, int image_size) {
String header;
_prepareHeader(header, code, content_type, image_size);
sendContent(header);

sendContent(image, image_size);
}

void ESP8266WebServer::sendContent(const char *image, int image_size) {
const size_t unit_size = HTTP_DOWNLOAD_UNIT_SIZE;
size_t size_to_send = image_size;
const char* send_start = image;

while (size_to_send) {
size_t will_send = (size_to_send < unit_size) ? size_to_send : unit_size;
size_t sent = _currentClient.write(send_start, will_send);
if (sent == 0) {
break;
}
size_to_send -= sent;
send_start += sent;
}
}

This works but there must be a better way (and if the libraries get updated there goes my hack). Is there a way to upload the support files (.html, .css, .js, .png, etc) to the file system and serve directly form there?

Thanks,
Timothy