Your new topic does not fit any of the above??? Check first. Then post here. Thanks.

Moderator: igrr

By GJ Canon
#45148 Hi,

I have a very simple sketch which uploads successfully to the ESP-01:

Code: Select allvoid setup() {
  Serial.begin(115200);
  pinMode(LED_BUILTIN, OUTPUT);     // Initialize the LED_BUILTIN pin as an output
}

// the loop function runs over and over again forever
void loop() {
  digitalWrite(LED_BUILTIN, LOW);   // Turn the LED on (Note that LOW is the voltage level
                                    // but actually the LED is on; this is because
                                    // it is acive low on the ESP-01)
  Serial.println("LED On!");
  delay(1000);                      // Wait for a second
  digitalWrite(LED_BUILTIN, HIGH);  // Turn the LED off by making the voltage HIGH
  Serial.println("LED Off!");
  delay(2000);                      // Wait for two seconds (to demonstrate the active low LED)
}

It uploads successfully as the Arduino IDE says, "Done uploading" and the output below shows:

Code: Select allUploading 235344 bytes from to flash at 0x00000000
....................................................................................................................................................................................

Upon reboot the LED flashes as I expect, but I get no output via my terminal emulator (puTTY, Arduino Serial Monitor, etc.)

I've verified the speed I choose in the terminal emulator is 115200 but nothing..

Any ideas?
By vorlovsky
#45150 The same is for me.
I'm working with esp-12e and the only tool that allows me to load firmware is NodeMCU flasher and the only app that can display serial output is ESPlorer.(
Arduino IDE shows long line of dots as for topicstarter and then no output in Serial monitor on any speed, nevertheless an uploaded code works pretty well.
What's wrong there? Do we need to install any additional tools to be able to work in Arduino IDE normally?
By schufti
#45163 AFAIK the LED on ESP-01 is on the Tx-pin, so with setting it as user controlled output you overrides the Tx functionality ...

if you remove the "pin" commands you will see the LED flicker every second (from the text you send over serial) and receive your mesages ...

If you set the baudrate to 74880 and edit the preferences.txt accordingly (serial.debug_rate) or select it in newer IDEs you'll also see the bootmessages (might help when running into watchdog problems etc)