Your new topic does not fit any of the above??? Check first. Then post here. Thanks.

Moderator: igrr

By ccesaretto
#45846 Hello.
I started with the ESP8266 and Arduino only few days ago, so I have a basic knowledge of the platform.

I have tested the WiFiManager:

https://github.com/tzapu/WiFiManager

and tried to create an AP with custom names.

Later on I used the Wifi library (ESP8266Wifi) to join existing AP or create a new one.
I noticed that the ESP8266 was creating AP with the name I was using with the WifiManager library. it was ignoring the AP names I was configuring when using the Wifi library. Or at least this is what I think I saw.

the question is: does the ESP8266 have any function to automatically remember the Wifi settings, like the name of the access point? is this information saved in the flash automatically?

Thanks
Cristiano
By esp-io
#45951 I was thinking of creating a new thread until I saw this. My problem sounds very similar to yours:

I'm having a really weird (or not?) problem with my Adafruit HUZZAH ESP8266. Whenever I connect to an AP with it, it will reconnect even when I reprogram the board. Example:
1. I upload the Wifi test code (attached), works perfectly
2. I upload any other code that doesn't utilize wifi in any way (even just blank code) and the board still connects to the AP I had it connect before. Otherwise the new code does what it should.

I'm using Arduino IDE 1.6.8. Have tried deleting all IDE files including user settings and redownloading, makes no difference. Also tried with another board. I use ping to confirm the wifi connection.

I have tried to troubleshoot this for a few hours now, but I'm a complete novice with Arduino and have found no explanation for this behavior.

ccesaretto, have you confirmed whether your board still connects to your AP/creates an AP even if your current code doesn't tell it to do so?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
By ccesaretto
#45991 I haven't tried but I read that Wifi.Disconnect() should clear the information regarding the previous connected SSID.

In my case, the ESP8266 was creating an AP, even if in the code I wasn't asking for it. In a previous sketch I was creating that AP, with that name, but not with the current sketch.
By esp-io
#46015 Just tried Wifi.Disconnect() and it seems to be working. Thanks!

The new question is: when starting a project, how can I make sure the ESP8266 is a clean plate and doesn't contain any traces of previously used settings and/or code?