Your new topic does not fit any of the above??? Check first. Then post here. Thanks.

Moderator: igrr

By watusimoto
#46532 I'm working with a HiLetgo New NodeMCU LUA WiFi Internet ESP8266 Development Board, and am trying to upload a simple blink program using the Arduino 1.6.8 IDE in Windows 7.

When I compile and upload my code, I get this error:
Code: Select allSketch uses 219,479 bytes (21%) of program storage space. Maximum is 1,044,464 bytes.
Global variables use 31,172 bytes (38%) of dynamic memory, leaving 50,748 bytes for local variables. Maximum is 81,920 bytes.
java.io.IOException: Cannot run program "___REMOVE___/esptool.exe": CreateProcess error=2, The system cannot find the file specified
   at java.lang.ProcessBuilder.start(ProcessBuilder.java:1048)
   at processing.app.helpers.ProcessUtils.exec(ProcessUtils.java:26)
   at cc.arduino.packages.Uploader.executeUploadCommand(Uploader.java:123)
   at cc.arduino.packages.uploaders.SerialUploader.uploadUsingPreferences(SerialUploader.java:175)
   at cc.arduino.UploaderUtils.upload(UploaderUtils.java:78)
   at processing.app.Sketch.upload(Sketch.java:1186)
   at processing.app.Sketch.exportApplet(Sketch.java:1160)
   at processing.app.Sketch.exportApplet(Sketch.java:1132)
   at processing.app.Editor$DefaultExportHandler.run(Editor.java:2381)
   at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:745)
Caused by: java.io.IOException: CreateProcess error=2, The system cannot find the file specified
   at java.lang.ProcessImpl.create(Native Method)
   at java.lang.ProcessImpl.<init>(ProcessImpl.java:386)
   at java.lang.ProcessImpl.start(ProcessImpl.java:137)
   at java.lang.ProcessBuilder.start(ProcessBuilder.java:1029)
   ... 9 more

It looks to me as if the code is compiled correctly, but that the IDE cannot find my copy of ESPTool. I used the Board Manager to get the config for the ESP8266, and I modified my platform.txt file to specify where my copy of esptool.exe is.

I'm not sure what else to do. It looks like there is still some additional bit of configuration that I need to do (the __REMOVE__ token in the error message looks very suspicious, but i can't find it anywhere).

Any ideas?