Chat here about code rewrites, mods, etc... with respect to the github project https://github.com/esp8266/Arduino

Moderator: igrr

By danbicks
#18384 Guys,

When you super guru's update the build. Do we need to re install the ESP8266 core through board manager to pick up changes? I have tried the new SDK method to set RF power. It is not recognized, So I can only assume it is the OLD sdk I am using or syntax is incorrect, the later say's method does not exist so I think syntax is ok.

Please Clarify.

Thanks

Dans
By danbicks
#18385 Think I mat have sorted it..

Declare First

extern "C" {
void system_phy_set_max_tpw(uint8 max_tpw){
}
}

/*
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
SET RF POWER OF MODULE :)
0 - No RF 82 - 25dbm
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
*/

void Set_RF_Power(byte VarPWR)
{

Serial.println("Setting RF power");
system_phy_set_max_tpw(VarPWR);

}

Builds now with no errors, can someone verify correct my unit I will need to connect to PSU and meter to verify..

Cheers Dans
By danbicks
#18613 Guys,

Surprised there is no response to my previous threads for such an important question here.

Admin team please pick this post up and respond!

Key points:

Board Manager does this automatically pick up and changes from Git once ESP8266 is installed under Arduino 1.6.4 Build or does user need to uninstall and re install?

How can the new RF power function be used? my example does not seem to make a difference.

Thanks Dans
      By cal
      #18622 Moin,

I can't help with you question but noticed multiple messages from you without an answer.

I can only state my impression as a non native speaker:

I can't understand your posts.
      I can't find begin or end of sentences.
      I can't find sentences.
      I don't understand the purpose of some posts.
      I find the demanding of answers inappropiate.

Please don't feal offended. It's easy to get misunderstood.
      If you use google translate: Try to retranslate to your native language.

Happy hacking,
      Cal