ESP8266 Webserver Project

Moderator: Sprite_tm

By rrprime
#2257 Using an arduino uno's 3.3v output. The usb offers ~500mha. The arduino doing nothing (mostly) does not take that much.
gipmad was having a problem related but it seems it was fixed all of the sudden.

The module worked with AT commands and scanned and found the networks.
Everything works with this firmware except the wifiscan which triggers a reboot. I am suspecting the watchdog but did not get a change to read the previous reboot reason yet.
By gipmad
#2260 What does the log say? The arduino supply may not be enough btw.. It depends on the model you're using; most chinese arduinos have lower specced parts too.
try resetting the device with GPIO0 as I've written earlier; try to use 2 arduino supplies in parallel; add caps; try to build a single bin file padded with 0xFF and flash that; post a serial log.
By CheapB
rrprime wrote:Using an arduino uno's 3.3v output. The usb offers ~500mha. The arduino doing nothing (mostly) does not take that much.
gipmad was having a problem related but it seems it was fixed all of the sudden.

The module worked with AT commands and scanned and found the networks.
Everything works with this firmware except the wifiscan which triggers a reboot. I am suspecting the watchdog but did not get a change to read the previous reboot reason yet.

I am not saying it is the power supply for sure, but when i tried to power the esp from anUNO i had reboots with specific AT commands. I suspect the WIFI scan is running the radio at full power and causing the reboot.
By RichardS
#2267 Stay on topic please people...... I see a lot of off topic happening and its making the forum cluttered!

Thanks!

Richard.