ESP8266 Webserver Project

Moderator: Sprite_tm

By CheapB
#1993 Ok, I am now generating the bin files under under the official development image and SDK. sorry for being such a noob, but I can declare myself the first victim of having two tools (esptool) with the same name..

I am getting the below messages. is that a problem or is this working? I have not tried to flash yet as my next batch of esp8266 has not arrived yet.

Info: esptool v0.0.3 - (c) 2014 Ch. Klippel <ck@atelier-klippel.de>
**Warning: using ELF file "build/esphttpd.out"
Info: loading string table from ELF file
Info: building ELF section list
Info: ELF section list created: 21 entries
**Warning: created structure for binimage "firmware/0x00000.bin" with entry address 0x40100004
**Warning: added segment #0 to binimage for address 0x40100000 with size 0x00006394
**Warning: added segment #1 to binimage for address 0x3FFE8000 with size 0x00000AE0
**Warning: added segment #2 to binimage for address 0x3FFE8AE0 with size 0x00001444
**Warning: saved binimage file, total size is 33504 bytes, checksum byte is 0x7D

FW firmware/0x40000.bin
Info: esptool v0.0.3 - (c) 2014 Ch. Klippel <ck@atelier-klippel.de>
**Warning: using ELF file "build/esphttpd.out"
Info: loading string table from ELF file
Info: building ELF section list
Info: ELF section list created: 21 entries
**Warning: saved section ".irom0.text" to file "firmware/0x40000.bin"

Makefile.txt
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
By rudi
#2077 @Sprite_tm
tested your httpd.
no problem to compile with libuntu all ok.thank for your nice work.
Sprite_tm, is it possible to catch fast again refreshes maked by user - because this will unstabil the esp8266 and no response will come, must reset.
what is the delay reason that bring a hang? spi read? heatshrink decrypt?
honest, nice technic like you managed the request and response. can you try to release hang request example after time factor?

btw i make it in other way, i simple take the AT Demo, and handle the tcp_receive function simply way.
and again btw ;-) do you be at hackaday in munich nov? will be fine for a small talk ;-)
best wishes!
txs for sharing technical doing with heatshrink and spi flash binary webpagefile.
rudi ;-)
nice cats ;-)
By Sprite_tm
#2104 gipmad: Seems there's something wrong with the code that copies the AP data to something the CGI uses... perhaps the struct containing it is changing under the nose of the CGI, I'm not sure. You may want to compare the n in that loop to cgiWifiAps.noAps; if n is bigger, that is what happens.

rudi: The fast refresh gives no response thing seems to be something caused by me not handling the reconnect callback, mostly because the documentation is not clear on what the hell it is. My intent was to figure that out now the lwip sources are in the clear, but I've been busy as hell with other projects and the talk for HaD Munich, so I haven't been able to look at it yet.
By gipmad
#2122 Mh... I don't know what happened, I was adding printfs around, and now it suddenly works. Even after removing them. My guess would be that there was some broken configuration causing trouble. I would erase all the flash before writing this FW if this problem occurs again, or maybe just holding GPIO0 down will work.
Now off to experimenting! :mrgreen: