ESP8266 Webserver Project

Moderator: Sprite_tm

By dpwhittaker
prozac wrote:I have modded this code to use the OTA flashable memory offsets.

Is this mod available in a repo anywhere? I want to create a cgi that takes a posted user1/2.bin, writes it to flash, and does an OTA reboot, plus a other cgi to write the espfs into the other location... This should give me a fully OTA upgradable system. Has anyone done anything similar?
By prozac
dpwhittaker wrote:

Is this mod available in a repo anywhere? I want to create a cgi that takes a posted user1/2.bin, writes it to flash, and does an OTA reboot, plus a other cgi to write the espfs into the other location... This should give me a fully OTA upgradable system. Has anyone done anything similar?

Exactly what I'm doing ;) I'll try to get the code in presentable for an post it later. We had some mods commited to Sprite's repo in suport of posting large files and flashing the espfs, which works now without mod (I think). The next step is flashing the new user app, setting the upgrade flag, then after sucessful boot, flashing the espfs (since it would otherwise overwrite the current running app).

@sprite. Any interest in moving the default app to use the the OTA offsets (0x01000 and 0x41000 instead of the current non-ota. If we made that move it would prefent a ton of forking. Your call.
By Sprite_tm
prozac wrote:
dpwhittaker wrote:

@sprite. Any interest in moving the default app to use the the OTA offsets (0x01000 and 0x41000 instead of the current non-ota. If we made that move it would prefent a ton of forking. Your call.

It may be useful to have that as an option, indeed. I'd like to have the non-OTA variant buildable too; it means you can use more flash for your own purposes.