ESP8266 Webserver Project

Moderator: Sprite_tm

By prozac
banitama wrote:Thanks for the reply!
I guess for the time being I'm going to store some of the file in a predetermined address.

Depending on the version of API you are using, the RTC has 512 bytes available for user variables. It is intended for storing things across deep sleeps, but if you aren't needing that, it if free to you ;)
By prozac
MM596 wrote:Hey,
I would like to ask you again, why it isn't possible to load larger webpages.espfs files than 128kByte into the flash? It should be about 180kByte, because there is enough room, but things didn't work if I go over 128kByte.

Does anyone know how to fix this issue?

Thanks

I'll be honest, I don't think anyone quite knows. I am beginning to suspect something very strang is happening though. I have modded this code to use the OTA flashable memory offsets. This places the espfs in the unused section of flash (244K available starting at 0x41000 or 0x01000 respectively). When I do this, I can flash filesystems up to ~200k, but anything larger and they fail to boot. Quick math: 0x01000(myoffset) + 32000 (200k) - 12000 (your offset) = 0x21000 (or 132k, roughly your limit). It is very likely that I can't quite flash 200k but rather 196K, which would make these numbers exactly the same!!!!

There should be NOTHING read or executed from that other memory space when using the OTA bootloader as it should be assumed to be an old version of the user app. Something is looking for data at

I am going to try to get it running on the new 1.0.0 API using the 1.2 and 1.3 bootloaders to see if somehow that fixes it. This is truely strange.

Anyone else have any thoughts?

If someone with an account on the bbs.espressif.com website could ask about the importance of offsets somewhere around 0x32000 and 0x72000, that would be quite helpful.
By martonmiklos
MM596 wrote:Hello!

Does anybody know why there can't be more data than 128kB in the 0x12000 espfs space? It should be about 180 kByte, but if the webpages.espfs is bigger than 128kB, the ESP doesn't start.

This problem was mentioned some pages ago, but I haven't found a solution yet, so maybe someone know how to do that?

Thanks
regards

I have implemented a gzip compression for static files:
viewtopic.php?p=8645#p8645
If you have a lot static files then it might help you out.
Minifying css and js files might help also if you have not done that yet.