Sming - Open Source framework for high efficiency native ESP8266 development

By kenn
#13412 Just a quick note to say that I just downloaded SMING yesterday, put it into CHERTS windows dev environment, and examples were compiling without issues. I cloned and rewrote the SMING example for ThingSpeak to hit my server and do a few things... and it worked right away. This thing is a keeper! :D

Lawrence_jeff - I also noticed that the Eclipse editor was complaining about a few syntax errors... but I looked at the flagged methods and the syntax was right. And the project compiled without errors, and is running as intended on my ESP8266. So I think there's something not quite right with how Eclipse is analyzing the C++ in SMING. Just try compiling.
By anakod
#13692 Yes, it is just Eclipse code checking problem. I will look it, but for now you can just ignore it and work with "Console" tab. It's compiling witout any problems.

Yesterday I found and fix important bug in ESP OPEN LWIP library: https://github.com/kadamski/esp-lwip/pull/6 please accept it.
@kadamski, you make really great work!
By Lawrence_jeff
#13699 Ok - As mentioned the code compiles even with the syntax errors, thanks for the pointers.

I notice all the web server examples download the web files from the author's site, is there an example project that includes the ability to customize and pre-stage files in the project so they are there upon device flash?
Do we do it the same way with the makeespfimage tool?

I am looking to do something similar to the relay board project where if the device doesn't have a stored AP config then it serves a basic website (in AP mode) to get the user's AP details.
By anakod
#13700 No tool for prebuilded disks yet , but you can use full FTP access to you device while it running. Examples:

FTP also support one special command: fsformat for file system reseting.

And, of course, you can change links in code for content downloading :) It's just simplest way for quick start of Sming functionality demonstration.