Sming - Open Source framework for high efficiency native ESP8266 development

By PT_Dreamer
#41929 First I would like to congrat the project members for such a great piece o code.
I have just started using the framework trying out the samples which until now have been working out of the box. The thing is that I don't understand how they can work out of the box when the code uses spiffs but the compile flag which enables it is commented out.
An example, the HttpServer_Bootstrap sample uses the file system to store the downloaded files, the file system itself is initialized with the spiffs_mount() call, and this does work, but how does it work with the DISABLE_SPIFFS = 1 flag set? What is that flag used for then?

Since this is my first post on the forum I will take the opportunity to introduce myself. I'm a 39 years old Portuguese man, father of three. Have been coding in C/C++ all my life, both for desktop and embedded applications, and actively participating in open source projects for the last 10 years developing both cross platform applications (mainly using the Qt framework) and also developing for the STM32 family processors (bare metal, FreeRTOS, ChibiOS).
The Sming project seems to be doing great but please let me know if I can help with something.

Cheers