Current News

Moderator: Mmiscool

By forlotto
#48589 No one can say for certain until this thing drops but the esp32 is looking like it just may shape up to be able to support basic this to me is a rather exciting proposition while I doubt I will be riding the bandwagon instantly due to cost mainly and the competition esp8266 it is nice to see the development taking place at least for the arduino as this is what basic was primarily built off of. Now weather mmiscool & cicciocb decide to venture down this path or not is entirely up to them. But to me the github here https://github.com/me-no-dev/esp31b would suggest that basic may just be a real possibility of the ESP32!

I don't know about you folks but this is pretty cool stuff to me.

ESP32 will have more ram, hardware timer, more processing power, bluetooth, and I'm sure there is more that I am missing but it will be interesting to see how much more we can do with this new chip.

As it is currently basic has made the esp8266 do things I've never imagined possible and the progress continues on.

I hope we keep all you folks around and interested for years to come and we can continue to build this resource and this community all interested in basic programming for these great wifi chips.

Take Care all and hope you enjoyed this little tidbit of news!

-forlotto
By Mmiscool
#48590 I would like to support the esp32 if possible. Hopefully the arduino environment for it is sufficiently compatible. I am yet to get my hands on any hardware and expect it to be in short supply when it comes out.
By forlotto
#48592 I've been trying to stay on the lookout for esp32's for sale.... Haven't seen anything as of yet but yes I assume there is about a good year or two before anything gets rolling in this department anyways but just seeing how everything is rolling it appears to be rather promising.

What I have found is preorder:

http://www.aliexpress.com/item/2-pcs-lo ... 45cf717888

We will see i'm always a bit skittish of preorder items ... I'd rather wait longer if need be.