Current News

Moderator: Mmiscool

By martinayotte
#51061 Almost all SPIFlashes use the same commands protocol, only the Manufacturer Jedec ID is changing.
I've upgraded all my ESP-01 with a bigger flash successfully.
I tried to upgrade an ESP-12E, but trying to removed the metal cap with hot air, I've ended up with to much heat and almost all parts were then floating around ... :(
By forlotto
#51063 I was successful moving the cap for the DIO mod but I believe I soldered the wrong two pins to do so after that I kind of chickened out as at the time I didn't have the collection I do now :P

But yeah I hear you too much fun ! replaced some pretty small components with luck and I shake like a sinner in church doing small stuff.

ALSO SMOKED A nodemcu yesterday messing with my shift register oddly it was a power issue as to why it was not working but.... Just so happened that my jumper on the relay board came set to the wrong side and did not pay attention pewww let the magic smoke out.

There is more to it I think I am a bit lost on how to bit bang this dang thing or cicciocb had it hooked up in different manner or something gotta do some research.

Now the dang thing just comes on and starts dancing down the line with relays as soon as I run the bit bang doing the xor function so he had to have done something in the wiring of it that I just am not able to make out ... as it stays stuck in a loop.