Current News

Moderator: Mmiscool

By Mmiscool
#52085 Hello,

https://youtu.be/kZsTZpKNAVY

I wanted to introduce the latest feature. Now hold on to your hats this one is an awesome one.

Over the past few week I have been working on a browser based debugger for esp8266 basic. Now this is pretty awesome because it allows for better understanding of program flow. It also lets you take a peek at all of those variables that your program is using and lets you see what they are doing in real time.

The best feature by far is the ability to monitor your program as it is running. It lets you watch your program running line by line. I am pretty excited about this and I hope it come in handy for you guys.

Instructions on how to use the new debugger.

Open your program using the edit page.
Click save. This is important as when you click save it sore a local copy of the program in the browser catch.
Click the debug link.
Wait for the debugger to load.
Click the run button in the debugger.
Watch the magic.

Your program will run over on the right hand side.
On the left you will see all of your variable and they will be updated in real time.
In the middle you will see your program running in real time and highlighting the currently running line.

Download the latest version of the latest build 3.0a25 or later in order to be able to use this.
By trackerj
#52091 I must say that this is a very nice &neat feature!

Your entire ESP8266 BASIC work is impressive!