Current News

Moderator: Mmiscool

By forlotto
#54893 With the advent of AMAZON's Echo and alexa it is likely possible that you can already do things via voice control adding a raspberry pie into the mix the only bummer is the need for using their software on their servers and needing to setup a free account with your credit card etc... They make it rather difficult to make personal voice commands execute get commands from the web so I am kind of holding out for something better.

Today I came across a potentially better option while I am not sure as I have very little information about it seed studio has released something called respeaker to kickstarter.

For those of you interested in having a home much like that of IRON MAN's jarvis or something close to it you may want to give it a look. https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/seeed/respeaker-an-open-modular-voice-interface-to-hack?ref=nav_search

I am really interested to see these types of things interfaced with basic I am sure it is totally possible the nice thing is this device is I2C I2S compatible and there is a far field mic array board as well that can be included as well as speaker output for acknowledgement of what is spoken a very interesting project.
By forlotto
#55136 correct but here is where it gets interesting...

If you use echo it is possible to set up your own voice commands locally people are doing it.

So here is the idea if you can do so then why not have a voice command get the link for msgbranch.

Alexa Turn On Living Room Lights would then translate to wget http://192.168.x.x/msg?action=LLighton

Bingo with json response could be turning living room lights on and on they go after request is made.

It is already possible.

I rent personally so to me echo is appealing as an option as I wouldn't need to tear the ceiling down or something crazy just simply plug one in Amazon should make it super easy for people to load custom commands for echo and make things free as well if they would really like to make sales and become a player in IOT I think it is crucial they do so as it stands currently it is a very cumbersome process and it don't need to be.