Current News

Moderator: Mmiscool

By Mmiscool
#34019 Edit: Published Command Documentation for displays.
http://www.esp8266basic.com/oled--lcd-d ... mands.html

new commands

oledcls:
Will clear the oled screen.
oledcls

oledprint:
Will print data to the OLED display.
oledprint {String or var} {x position value or var} {y position value or var}

An example (Same as running in picture):
Code: Select alloledcls
oledprint "ESP8266" 4 0
oledprint "Basic" 4 1
wait

Please test with your i2c displays. Mine is ada fruit compatible.
i2c is on pins 0 and 2
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
By forlotto
#34032 You should break that down into parts list, code, etc and put it on the project page very cool my friend very cool ;)

The more projects and code examples you have the more people will join in trust me it is all about framework I believe framework and a solid foundation and you can kick back and think of stuff a bit more and even when you come up with something brilliant there will be someone out there who will do brilliant with little effort at times that someone will still be in high school even lol it is crazy some of the stuff the kids are doing now adays or at least it seems like it because of how connected everyone is it's probably more accurately always been this way. When I was younger I thought knowing how to play chess and knowing what ball cards were worth what amount of money was smart throw in playing sports a keen interest in magic and thinking computers were alright but somewhat annoying... My role was reversed after I graduated and got my first windows machine took out a loan for like 1000.00 for a 600mhz celeron HP tower with a CD burner man was that really something :P

I had used windows 3.1 for a short bit when I was younger we had a PC at home but they took that thing back to the store because no one could get the hang of it... So a few years down the line there was 28k I think it was at school and we were using macs for graphics class in middle school and all of us were getting projects we had to research and such on the computer but were all struggling to learn how to use them so... To make a long story short we got a Macintosh Preforma 637cd one of the first computers with a CDROM drive wow! http://www.everymac.com/systems/apple/m ... 637cd.html this thing was a beast the crazy thing is the other kids would screw everything up so I had to learn how to fix the thing enter the annoyance not to mention back then I was a two finger typer lol But man that thing was a speed deamon with 33mhz of processing power :P It is amazing a game actually looked more life like than some of the games looked up until just recently the game was called critical path they really did an excellent job with such little resources it makes a person wonder how it is even possible when playing video on youtube is now impossible without a dual core generation processor.

Anyhow I somewhat dislike computers to an extent and electronics at that point, but that all changed when I got out of school and I just wanted to learn anything I possibly could since leaving school my quest for learning had begun well a couple of years out of school then I learned enough to test out and get certified for computing etc... etc... the rest is history quite the deal though go from one end of the spectrum to the other funny how life evolves the thing you can count on the most is change consider me a late bloomer so to speak my first windows pc at about 21yrs of age running windowsME an os that was already a couple of years old and would crash. Had a 56k line and call wave I think back then so I could disconnect from the internet when a phone call was coming in then I migrated from that to two phone lines one for internet one for phone heh and hooked into imesh and napster I can remember downloading some "family video" off imesh 500MB on dialup heh waiting a few days or weeks at times for a download to finish pfffft. And a "audio recording" from a family member of course that was about 4 minutes long took like an hour to download man that was really something.

An interesting thing I am seeing though is kind of a slight revival in the want for desktop computing which to me is cool all of these tablets and laptops and devices are fun and such but no where near as durable, useable, upgradeable or good for tasking imho. People want their stuff more tailored for their needs these days and a desktop can really provide more than devices are able to as far as options and configuration.

Enough babbling though lol you should put that one in the projects section a good thing to have on file and a good advertisement for Basic as well :P

Take care man sorry for the long reply...
By Mmiscool
#34057 Trying to get this tested with people's displays first. See if there are any bugs to work out or modifications to be made. Once it's fully vetted its going on the examples page and in to the documentation.