Current News

Moderator: Mmiscool

By forlotto
#35112 Visited nodemcuip/OTA as OTA is set for my updates
It got some information
Than it said done.
Version # still the same.

First time using OTA actually... So I assume it could be that I am going about updates incorrectly maybe...
There is nothing in the documentation about OTA or in the interface readme.
But this would make the most since to me http://espip/OTA seeing as how OTA is the word I selected gotta look here in the forums I suppose to be sure..

Version 1.567 EspBasic

I have attached a screenshot to show an example of where it is asking for login ...

Login still required for editing.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
By Mmiscool
#35114 Did you flash your device with the 4m version. If not the auto update will not work.
By forlotto
#35116 Yes... last night was flashed with your flasher tool I suppose I could try the hard flash but previous to this update there was no update URL box on the settings page so I am assuming this means it was updated ...

Errr let me check what the latest version is and do some double checking ....

I see you are having a problem with discarding page header due to it eating up the heap as well tough to find help on the holiday you know how that goes lol everyone is too full from turkey I'm not doing any celebration until tomorrow...

But anyhow take care man wish I could help the only thing I can think of is the manner you are handling the strings is causing the issue maybe there is another way to handle the strings that would use a bit less memory a shortcut or built in function etc...

This may be a good question for stack exchange or stack overflow ....
By forlotto
#35118 According to Github this is the latest version uploaded 2 days ago...

There must be something when you load pages checking for password still active or something IDK I personally don't care that much but the update did not fully take care of login key if password is blank.

So... anyways as I said my version is the latest 1.567 so something going on here let me go ahead and flash the bin file with espdownload tools and see what happens.