Current News

Moderator: Mmiscool

By forlotto
#35760 Interesting...

Problem solved disaster averted .

Still it cleans up having to use hoards of code to accomplish the same thing via parsing which is nice because codespace does have its limitations.

Good catch hopefully dwight can get trucking with his code.

I am still thinking of the best way to conjure some code for a weekly timer using these stamps and still keep my interface that allows msg branch to be executed. It would be nice to store times in a file and check the list of times to act accordingly every few minutes or so with a loop IDK gotta do some thinking and research.
By heckler
Good catch hopefully dwight can get trucking with his code.

I'm having a blast with this ESPBASIC and an esp-01 module.
I have a nodemcu module here that I haven't even bothered to power up yet just because I really dig this little -01 module..
I am so incredibly amazed at the power in a little $2 module with wifi and all!
And I have been working with electronics as a hobby for 40 years or so!
I have a lot of things I have been dreaming of doing...

Next on my todo list is to design a small pcb with a spot for an esp-01 module, a small 8 pin PIC microcontroller, 3.3v reg, micro usb jack for easy power using any old cell phone wallwart, small prototype area, etc., etc. This will be sort of a universal board for any number of sensors and/or controllers. Temperature, door, water, light, cat counter, mail delivered, you name it.
one can either use just an -01 module or include the pic microcontroller for more power and the ability to have the pic disconnect power to the esp module to save power. The PIC can easily be set to wake on interrupt (pin change) to allow the whole module to be battery powered by only activating the esp module if necessary to connect to wifi.

By the way my tip to Hackaday referencing my post over on picbasic.co.uk Basic forum garnered over 3000 views. Hopefully this will get some more interested users of this amazing ESPBASIC.
http://www.picbasic.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=20908
http://hackaday.com/2015/11/28/basic-on-the-esp8266/

dwight
By Mmiscool
#35765 Yes. Traffic on the site spiked significantly.