Current News

Moderator: Mmiscool

By heckler
#35695 From reading the other posts here I gather your name is Mike...
But I can't help believing that some where around Dec 24 you dress up in a big Red suit and climb in your sleigh to deliver joy to the rest of the world :D

For us, well, the JOY comes Right Here Right Now !

Like I said elsewhere in this forum... This ESPBasic is light years ahead, stable, fresh, easy!
I would also, respectfully, concur with the earlier suggestion to include a few example lines of code in the documentation goes a long way to explaining how to implement the given Basic Statement.
Thanks Man!
Dwight
By heckler
#35717 When I try and use the timesetup() function it causes the returned time to always show as
TimeZone
DaylightSavings
Thu Jan 01 00:00:00 1970

If I leave out the timesetup() then it works as expected.

Is it possible to use multiple parameters in the time() function??
like...
Code: Select alltime("hour","min","sec")

or can you only ask for one at a time?

thanks
dwight
Last edited by heckler on Sat Dec 05, 2015 9:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
By Mmiscool
#35719 Right now its one at a time but it would be relatively simple to make it more dynamic.
By heckler
#35721 Do you have any thoughts on why the timesetup() function is not working??

Also... it is relatively simple for the user to include parsing code if they desire to pick out just certain parts of the returned time value
Code: Select allserialprintln time()
bla = time()
dw = mid(bla,1,3) 'dow
mh = mid(bla,5,3) 'month
dt = mid(bla,9,2) 'date
hh = mid(bla,12,2) 'hour
mm = mid(bla,15,2) 'min
ss = mid(bla,18,2) 'sec
yr = mid(bla,21,4) 'year

Wouldn't it be better to keep the basic Operating System SIZE as small as possible and let the user parse the time values they need in their own code or allow the OS to bloat bigger and bigger.

Only include in the OS what the user can't do in code. Would be my suggestion.