Current News

Moderator: Mmiscool

By Electroguard
#45830 ( I woke up too troubled and baffled to get back to sleep )

So - my "double-quotes" are curvy females and yours aren't - but that doesn't explain it... a duck is a duck whatever its feathers!

All double-quotes are still just representations of ascii chr(42) no matter how they are dressed up!

So there must be something more to this than female curves.
By Mmiscool
#45831 It apears that they are diferent charachters. I looked at the demo and played with it. The problem was inediatly resolved when I replaced the other quotee with the proper quotes.

Will have to look in to what the other quotes are.
By Electroguard
#45855 You were spot-on about the different quotes hawkeye.

When I checked the serial script again today I found that instead of using small high versions of || it was using sloping \\ and // versions ... (opening and closing quotes facing in opposite directions).

My uk keyboard doesn't have them, so presumably they must be alternative symbols and ascii codes used by some other region keyboard and font... so they weren't ducks of a feather at all, they were completely different turkeys!

Seems strange that the issue has not cropped up before that I'm aware of (but I've led a sheltered life).

I've checked through the standard and extended ascii charts...
http://www.asciitable.com/

and the only double-anything I can see is the 'standard?' double-quote chr(34) character.

So do you guys know what ascii values are used for the 'turkeys' quotes?

Perhaps need to come up with something or other if possible so that future examples quotes can be universal rather than regional.