Current News

Moderator: Mmiscool

By cicciocb
#46177 Hi all,
I confirm that is just the spell checker.
Mike and myself are discussing since some time about the possibility to check the code in the javascript before save to the module. I already did something in that sense but I was not happy of the result so, for the moment, I put the priority on the basic itself.
The idea behind all that, is the possibility to "precheck" the code and possibly tokenize it in order to simplify and speedup the basic.
So, "basically", we should be able to highlight errors, check labels cross references, syntax errors, ...
I agree with Mike's point of view where all can/must be done in the browser, without any external tool.

To be continued .....
By cicciocb
Electroguard wrote:Oi Matey - I just looked at your IO expander vid which is great, but ended up more interested in your browser! ... how are you getting things highlighted in the Edit window - and how can ! ???

It's actually quite relevent to this new release, cos I'm getting 'goto branch not found' errors which I can't find any apparent reason for, and which were ok in prior versions - but I have no way of visually tracking or comparing defined branches for errors.

A couple of other things I've noticed in the the new release is that such errors cause Saves etc to no longer work - they go off to do their thing (on a big script), but then eventually cause a reboot (which has never happened before), and when things are accessable again the edit page no longer shows default.bas but just some garbage instead.
( I think this probably started happening after disabling autorun in settings)

I haven't had long enough to be sure about anything, but I thought it worth mentioning quickly in case it's something that needs to be kept an eye on.

After some checks in the code, I was able to reproduce the problem you refer here.
In fact there is a memory corruption in the cross reference table for the labels.
Probably your program contains many labels (more than 30).
I made a fix so a new version should follow soon.

CiccioCB
By Electroguard
#46185 Well done, and sorry for not thinking to include my code which might have possibly shown up the problem without you having to dig so deep.

Not sure how many labels are used cos it's a tedious job trying to count them.
But yeah, I purposely keep it obese and maxxed out with buttons in order to see how new releases can cope and tolerate things - which is why it takes nearly 30 seconds to do a save.
I try to deliberately load to the limit, cos if that can be coped with then anything less should be a breeze - and I think it's better to test breaking-point before starting a journey, than set out with fingers crossed and subsequently break down later.

I'm looking forward to the fix release, cos there's lot's of new goodies I'm itching to try!
By Electroguard
#46216 A17 - branch error now gone, but garbage "0`ÿ?h`ÿ? `ÿ?" still in edit page file open window
It happens if clicking Edit to return to script after saving autorun change in settings.
Problem then is that unless /default.bas is retyped into file window, it seems Save must be trying to save to garbage filename and doesn't return with confirmation, so things crash.
After crash, a second wifi called ESP_117FB5 is available for connection as well as ESP, both are the same esp device. Reformat and reflash needed to get rid of it until the next crash, which causes it to return.