By Dario Cdj
#56363 Ok guys i really need help.
I've a pcb with an esp directly soldered, 10k between chpd and vcc (tried with 1k), 10k between gpio15 and find (tried also with 1k) and gpio16 wired with rst. Powered by a 18350 li ion battery. When I power up it take 70mA for boot... And then when enter in deep sleep i have 0.60, 0.70 mA... Not good. Tried also with a caps.
I've another esp12f with an adapter with a regulator on board and same resistors.... If I power it with same 4.2v battery with regulator of adapter it works and I've 78uA in deepsleep... Fantastic! If I power it soldering the + of battery direct to vcc pin of esp without regulator in the middle I've again 0.70mA ... :evil:
Ok let's take the third esp... Soldered some connections directly on chip give me always same result... 0.70/0.80/0.60mA in sleep mode.... Please someone tell me what's wrong, i'm writing this post after 3 days of head banging ....
Thanks
Dario
By Dario Cdj
#56377 Partially auto-answer ... if i use two alkaline batteries AA that give us 3.1v it seems to eat only 16 uA in deep sleep ??? that is fantastic !
Is it necessary that voltage is around 3.3v for a working deepsleep config?
what is the solution? if i use a 4.2 battery with a regulator it takes lots of power and when battery discharge it doesn't work anymore....
By Dario Cdj
#56403 Yes i know that 4.2v is out of range... but as you can reed in https://forum.makehackvoid.com/t/esp8266-operating-voltage-range-and-sleep-current/286 it depends also from temperature....

My pcb has esp chip direct soldered in lower part so simply ventilate it drop current from 0,30mA to 16uA !!!!

Thanks
Dario

schufti wrote:what makes you think that powering the device with voltages way out of specs will bring you to currents within the specs ???